Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Top 5 Heavyweights for 2010

1. Evander Holyfield
The reason why I put Holyfield 1st on my list is because he won the heavyweight title for the record-breaking 5th time and he did it when he was 47 years old. That's actually a double achievement because not only did he win the title for the 5th time, but he also became the oldest boxer to win the heavyweight title.

2. David Haye
David Haye gained a lot of glory after defeating Valuev for the WBA Heavyweight Title. Winning a title is quite an achievement, but doing that versus a giant like Valuev is a whole different thing. I think Haye proved that he is worthy to be the new champion and I hope that he'll not duck any offers to fight one of the Klitchko brothers.

3. Wladimir Klitschko
Overall, I think that Wladimir puts more show on the ring than his older brother and that's what the audience search and want. They want, WE want to see action, knock outs and interesting fights. Generally I dislike both of the Klitschko brother, but I give Wladimir the 3rd place, because he is a better showman than his brother.

4. Vitali Klitschko
Vitali didn't do anything interesting during 2010. Yes, he defended his belt, but look at his opponents! He fought only 2 fights this year with opponents over 30 years old. These boxers were way out of their prime and old Shannon Briggs looked old, funny and not worthy to fight for the belt.

5. ??? ???
To be honest I really don't know who deserves to be 5th... 2010 was a very poor year in boxing, no interesting heavyweight title fights, no major matches, nothing! It was just an year I'd like to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About me