Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 15, 2010

Best Boxing Documentaries - "Tyson" (2009)

"TYSON" (2009)
"Tyson" is my favourite documentary ever, not only because 'Iron' Mike has one of the most tragic yet interesting fates of all boxers, but also the movie is directed just perfectly! James Toback is an absolute genius! I remeber watching it during summer vacation and it was 10:30 pm. I got so excited from the brilliant editing of the first 2 minutes that I didn't even blink until the end of the movie! I watched the movie 3 times that night! I was just sitting there in front of the monitor thinking: "Lol... that's gotta be the best movie I've ever seen!" with my mouth wide open.
The Movie takes you through Mike's life - pictures, videos, interviews, matches... everything! Mike is talking in the background explaining his ambitions, dreams, goals, marriage, problems, troubled childhood, his spiritual relationship with Cus D'Amato, Don King's dirty tricks and more and more!
One Part of the film I'll never forget is the beginning where there are highlights from the Tyson - Berbick WBC belt title fight. In the background is the voice of my favourite commentator Bob Sheridan and some great music that's just pumping you up as you see how young 'Iron' Mike Tyson is just unstoppable!
I don't think there is another boxing documentary movie from which you can learn so much! If you're a Tyson fan like me and you haven't watched it - do it! Best movie ever. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About me