Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 15, 2010

Best Boxing Documentaries - "When We Were Kings"

When We Were Kings (1996)
"When We Were Kings" is perhaps the best known boxing documentary film. The movie even won the Academy Award. When I first thought of the idea to create a whole documentary based on only one fight, I didn't take it seriously and to be honest I wasn't expecting much. However, now I know for sure - I was wrong!
The Plot is about probably the most famous fight of Muhammad Ali - "Rumble in the Jungle", 1974, Kinshasa, Zaire. 32-year old Muhammad Ali was not the favourite in this match. In the opposite corner was the 25-year old George Foreman, who had knockout power in both hands. The movie describes the atmosphere before, during and after the fight with a lot of interviews and interesting stuff in-between. The whole movie is directed brilliantly and for a boxing fan watching it is a must!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About me