Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 28, 2011

[AW] What I think about the Klitchko brothers...

So... I started this argument in Youtube about who's better Mike Tyson or Vitali Klitchko. That's just stupid. You've got to be very, very limited in your mind to say that Klitchko is better than Tyson. First of all Mike Tyson is a legend, Vitali is not. He'll never be. Mike Tyson has much more power than Klitchko, he is also much faster, more elusive and I bet Vitali wouldn't be able to hit him with a jab. They both have good chins. They both haven't defeated anybody special. Vitali's last 3 fights are versus boxers above 30 years old and of course old Shannon Briggs. I won't say anything about Tyson-Klitchko anymore, because it really doesn't need any more evidence.
So now let me move to the main theme of this post - what I think about the Klitchko brothers. Well definitely I prefer watching Wladimir over Vitali, because he is more interesting, more explosive, but he isn't a *better* boxer. Vitali has a better chin and has a better style. Actually I prefer watching Holyfield over these brothers. I'll tell you why. First of all Holyfield may be 48 years old, or 50, or 60 years old BUT he still is Holyfield. Just look at the footwork of these Ukrainian brothers - it doesn't exist! Of course Tyson didn't have footwork, but he didn't need one, he was elusive. Klitchko gets nailed with every punch. In the Lewis fight, Vitali may have had the edge, but he got outsmarted by old Lennox (lots of respect). Lewis just went for his cut and finished the fight. That's what Klitchkos are missing - the smarts. The granite chin and muscular body DON'T make you a legend, these things don't put your name next to the likes of Muhammad Ali, Rocky Marciano, Jack Johnson, Mike Tyson, Holyfield, Luis, Lewis, Frazier, Liston, Foreman... YOU NAME THEM. You can have a decent chin, you can have a muscular body, but you can still be a statue. You can have a 6-pack and still get destroyed by a 50-year old with a belly... So the Klitchkos will never be legends in my opinion, because they need to get smarter in that ring and there is no time. This year Vitali will turn 40! I don't see any way for him to become anything more than a good boxer - to become a legend. With all respect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About me